Day Six: Dancing With the Enemy

I've always thought the Bugatti Veyron was a little over rated. Until I gave it a test drive today. I've fallen head over heels in love and Friday's Lada has gone straight to the scrappage yard.


My metaphorical investment has been worth every penny and 24 hours of suffering has brought on 24 hours of endless energy.

I've been buzzing around the place all day.

All systems go. Engines revving at top speed.

The domestic goddess in me was reawakened today. I happily hoovered the entire house humming a pretty little tune. My cleaning frenzy could have continued long into the day, except my mam came home for lunch and coaxed me into putting the feather duster away.

A Kim and Aggie wannabe, I was a little disgusted and retreated to the garden to plan my next move.

I can't remember the last time I lazed about in the sunshine doing nothing at all. Listening to cheesy pop music and sipping on my Maple Syrup Cocktail, I closed my eyes and let the sunshine kiss me.

When Ricky Martin's "She Bangs" popped up on shuffle, I got the urge to get up and dance. Jennifer Lopez's "Let's Get Loud" had a similar effect and by the time Enrique came on I was jumping about the garden shouting "Ariba, Ariba." There's always been a bit of a latina in me, or maybe it's all the cayenne pepper making me feel fiery. All I know is I love latino beats and whenever I pass by the gypsy band that plays on Grafton Street, I feel like putting my shopping bags down and doing the samba.

"Are you ok? Maybe you'll start to eat," my mam appeared in the garden, looking weary as I pranced about.

"No I'm good, I have lots of energy," I reassured her.

She then packed up and went to work. And I ran upstairs to tackle some laundry. (She'll never know.)

The rest of my evening carried on in much the same way. My mind felt clear and my thinking sharp and there was some good progression on my college work.

The only time I felt a little sad was when I realized this diet is turning me into a social outcast. While everyone is out parting, letting off steam from a hard weeks work, I'm sitting inside, skinny and lonely and trying to become the next Einstein.

It's a selfish act, starving yourself. I don't know how people that have eating disorders get by. It's not a fun lifestyle, running away from food. Eating with people is a sort of bonding exercise and not joining in feels like you're slowly but surely being pushed aside.

I've had zero cravings today and I've forgotten what food tastes like. In fact, to be honest, I find the idea of eating again a little terrifying. I fear I might be getting a little too attached. And a lot of that I put down to the weighing scales, which today told me I've lost another kilogram. That's three altogether now, around seven pounds.

I was saddened this morning to realize I was out of sea salt and had to pass on the Salt Water Flush. But on the upside I've had six pints of the juice. I've finally reached the recommended quota!

Surely, I deserve a little something for that.

My parents obviously thought so and presented me with a little "surprise" on their return from the supermarket: a massive tub of sea salt.

I was overjoyed.

In fact, I best be off and continue with my happy dance.

I might even fist pump.
















0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home