Day One: Snatch the Bacon

My family are cruel.


How can they sit downstairs frying and munching on delicious crispy smoky bacon when they know I'm on a starvation stint? My senses are reeling. I'm contemplating buying a gas mask or spraying air freshener up my nose. Or maybe a clothes peg will have the desired effect.

It's deliciously intoxifying and I don't think I'm strong enough to handle it. I've been thinking about food all day. I feel empty and the hunger pangs are sending little signals to my brain fooling it into thinking that it's "dinner time soon."

Oh brain, how wrong could you be?

Dinner time is a long time waiting for now.

I worked up the courage to drink my sea salt water mixture earlier this morning. Glugging it down, I questioned my sanity as the vile liquid made it's way down my throat and into my stomach. I felt it in my tummy immediately, an uncomfortable dull pain that can't be compared to anything else.

I'm dreading going through the same procedure tomorrow in particular as it was all done in vain today. It's supposed to start a cleanse and have you running to the bathroom. The only place I've been running to and fro is the kitchen where I've been staring miserably at all the food I can't eat.

Don't get me wrong; this whole liquid diet thing isn't all that bad. I'm not starving mad (yet). It's just knowing that I can't eat all the food I enjoy so much that makes me want it twice as bad. It's a forbidden fruit scenario. Literally.

Grinding down my sea salt and making the maple syrup mix is quite a theraputic experience. I enjoy this little routine and for some odd reason, feel like I'm achieving something with each fresh new pint of the juice.

I thought the juice was pleasant tasting on my trial run last night but today I can just about stomach it. And the pepper. Oh the pepper. There's an inferno in my mouth and a fire burning in the pit of my stomach.

Surprisingly I'm feeling quite full of energy this afternoon. I've been working non stop at my dissertation. Maybe this will bring me all the way to a 1.1...

What's that you say? Wishful thinking?

Nagh. Just calorie deprived.






1 comments:

I love bacon. I had a fry for breakfast today for the first time in years. Think I'll have another one tomorrow.

April 13, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home